"Grandpa, where were you when the Cubs won The World Series?"
"I was in bed with Grandma. I'm a White Sox fan!"
Still, 108 years is a long time to wait between pennants. It's pretty humbling to think of all the events that happened in the world in those years:
- The Ottoman Empire fell
- Women got the right to vote in the United States
- The rise and fall of Communism
- Five states were admitted to the union
- Haley's Comet passed by. Twice.
- Fourteen teams were added to Major League Baseball
- Wrigley Field was built (The Cubs originally played at West Side Grounds).
- Jack Brickhouse was born and died.
- Harry Caray was born and died.
- Thirty-three elements were identified on the Periodic Table
- The White Sox won The World Series. Twice.
Anyway, good on you Cubs for finally getting around to winning the title and for throwing the shackles of "The Curse Of The Goat" off. I'm honestly happy for you and all of your fans. And maybe now I won't have to hear that damn "Go Cubs Go" song for a while.