New Features In KitKat
- Better Memory Management - Google has made some improvements under the hood that results in better memory management and smoother mulit-tasking.
- Improved Google Now - You can now activate Google Now by simply saying "OK Google". The contextual cards feature have also been upgraded. Google Now cards will try to predict information you need based on your location, favorite sites or TV programs.
- Hangouts Upgrade - Google Hangouts now supports SMS and MMS and promises better video and voice calling along with location based sharing and animated gif support.
- Better Caller ID - The phone app itself appears to have been redesigned as it now has a Google Now integrated search bar. Google Maps will also be used to search for names behind numbers that have not been identified in your contacts.
As usual, this update from Verizon comes with a significant amount of bloatware including:
- Verizon Cloud - With Verizon's "More Everything" plan, you get 25GB of cloud storage. Use this app to access it. Or, do what I do, and disable it.
- Isis Wallet - It's an app where you put in your credit card numbers and loyalty card numbers so that you can pay via the app at any physical location that takes contactless payments.