- I'm somewhere around 15 years younger than the actress playing Sugar Lee, which means that attempts have been made to age me a little bit. One night, I sprayed white colored hairspray all over my hair. It looked fine up close, but, under the lights, it looked like a nuke went off on my scalp. I'm going to stick to a light spraying around my temples.
- Every time I run in to say "Ladies, we've got trouble!", I end up doing it in a Scottish accent for some reason.
- My short shorts have been getting progressively shorter with each costume fitting. Last night, they were so short that the bottoms of my boxers were starting to show. And, seeing as I have really fair skin, I have been trying to darken the tone of my legs so that I don't blind the audience when I come out. I've been using bronzer cream to do this. I don't know if it's working on my legs, but the palms of my hands are noticeably darker.
- I decided to try something when I come out after the wall collapses. Normally, I just brush the dust off of my shoulders. Last night, I added a move where I seemingly cough up dust. The dust-filled cough got huge laughs from our small test audience, but ends up making too much of a mess. And it's murder on my lungs.
- During one of the scene changes, "This Kiss" by Faith Hill plays in the background. I am often back stage doing the chicken dance to the chorus, which cracks up the rest of the cast.
- I order to believably drop the gasket, I've had to bring a little of the TommyMac goofiness to Bobby Dwayne. I'm not sure it works.
- I have written an acceptable biography for the program complete with a few personal shout outs of thanks to a few people who lent me some priceless support.
Thursday, October 18, 2012
The cast and crew of the local production of The Hallelujah Girls have been working hard over this past week to make the show a success. This has been a week of full costume and tech rehearsals and I feel that I've finally started to approach the level of talent that the rest of the cast has brought to the show. It has been tough being a rank amateur among this group of accomplished actors, but I think I absolutely nailed my role as of last night. That being said, I do have a few issues I need to work on before opening night.